Saturday, November 11, 2006

Meet Our New Washing Machine



Last week, the washing machine (left by the previous owners, and probably about 15 years old) started leaking. This happened the morning after I had a dream in which our house started flooding. So now I'm psychic, which is pretty handy. Anyway, we've been searching for the right washer. We got this one at Dracut Appliance, a local business about 2 miles from here. They were very nice folks. Today they delivered and installed the washer, and right now, at this very minute, I am doing the first load of laundry. So far, so good. Fingers crossed.




Someday, we will get a plumber here to set up some supply lines and extend this drain pipe so that we can put the washer on this drain area. It looks like the previous owners started this project but didn't finish it. It's not high on the priority list at the moment, as projects go.

4 comments:

  1. ...don't know why really, but looking at that picture of your new wash machine...it just seems like it should be called HAL.

    I can see it now:
    "Open the lid, HAL."
    "I'm sorry, Jake, I can't do that."

    ...Daisy....Daisy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. The washing machine is now called HAL.
    The vacuum cleaner is now Tony.
    The lamp beside the phone is Gertrude.
    I'm gonna need nametages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I often think about Tony...where he is...who he's with...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...I often think about Tony...where he is...who he's with...

    ReplyDelete