Tuesday, March 6, 2007

New Toys


Auntie Paula brought Carter a couple of new dog toys; he is quite smitten with his toy pheasant. There's a bird dog for you.



Jake is the proud new owner of a Brompton folding bike. It's pretty rad (I'm sure he'll elaborate here).

JB here: The Brompton is indeed pretty rad. It takes me about 30 seconds to fold or unfold it, though I expect to get faster with practice. I've just started working two days a week for a bike company, doing some database programming. It's 25-30 miles away, which is a tad too long for bike commuting (at least in the winter). But with the Brompton I can ride two miles to the train station, fold the bike, take the train south to West Medford, unfold the bike, and ride six miles to work.

And here's me unfolding the bike (also my first appearance on YouTube):


If you want to get sucked down a YouTube® vortex, here's a beginning: Somebody made an Brompton with an electric motor for a front hub -- amazing!



And then some kid from Zimbabwe doing donuts on a bike. Why? I don't know, but I like it.

3 comments:

  1. Another great picture of Carter.

    And that folding bike is awesome! That'll be one less bike you'll won't have to worry about transporting on the roof of your car - no possibility of bent wheels now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, your video was just too cool. I especially liked the music that went along with it. Can we expect more video postings to the blog?

    By the way, Seven Cycles looks like an interesting company to work for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that I have a youtube account and have figured out how to use it (very easy), you may see more video.

    ReplyDelete