Saturday, November 17, 2007

We bring you... Lucy!

Did I mention that we had a baby? Well, here's the official blog announcement.We had a baby! We had this baby! She's wonderful and healthy.


Lucy Margaret Bridge


Right now, Bridget and I are in Boston and Lucy's back in Lowell. This stinks. We're hoping they'll let us return to Lowell and Lucy tonight, but right now we just have to wait, and wait for the tests.

UPDATE: All is well! Bridget aced her blood test and is going back to Lowell.

Everybody's in good hands. The good folks at Saints are reportedly fighting over who gets to hold Lucy next. And they've set aside one of her blankets for us to take home to Carter so we can get him used to her scent.

Here are Lucy's stats: 8 lbs 6 oz, 20.5 inches, 3-0 2KO.

And here's some very early footage:





Mom, watch this only so many times. Sleeping's good for you.

5 comments:

  1. Great lungs! Is able to project her voice well and speaks her mind about how she's feeling! So happy that Bridget is doing better and you two are leaving the Boston hospital and being reunited with Lucy in Lowell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds frightening, but glad to hear everyone's doing alright now. All my best wishes, to Lucy, to Jake, and especially to Bridget, who I presume is worn the hell out.

    Hope to see you all in a couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats mange!! You're a full fledged daddy...awesome!! I now know you have a blog and i'll be visiting often...because that's how i roll..if you ever be in seattle, call me...we'll exchange poop stories and stuff...weee! again, congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations you two! And I'm glad Bridget and Lucy are doing better. Only found out last night when I did my routine phone home on Thanksgiving - NZ time - while making mom's stuffing!

    So I guess Happy Thanksgiving too - I'm sure you've got a lot to be thankful for! Wish I could be there.

    And I have a question for Bridget...

    Now I realize that Lucy a cousin of some sort, but can I be an Aunty?! I've always wanted to be an Aunt!!!

    Anyway, I hope you are all happy and well. It was great to see you when I was last in the USA. Sorry I never made it round to your place. Take care and I'll keep checking in!

    Lots of love xo Elizabeth

    PS - Might have to copy some of the vids and pics to put on my Facebook page if that's ok.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations a million times over! She's a little star and so worth the wait. Lots of love and kisses during this amazing time. Hope you're feeling ok and that the recovery is quick.

    They just get more fun!
    xx

    ReplyDelete