Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Safety

We here at 83 Durant believe in safety. Looking at some of our posts, you might not believe this, but we are. So, theoretically, a new law that makes toys safe is a good thing. But the more I read about the CPSIA, the more distressed I become.

In finding out a bit more about the CPSIA, I went to the source -- the website for the Consumer Products Safety Commission. They have huge lists of product recalls there. As a confirmed worrier about all things, I really should not be allowed near this site, or, really, the internet generally.

There I was horrified to learn that everything you have ever wanted to play with can kill you. Would you like a for-instance? Well, how about this one:

Hallmark recently recalled a line of snow-globes because,
"When exposed to sunlight, the snow globes can act as a magnifying glass and ignite nearby combustible materials, posing a fire hazard."

Just so you know I'm not making this up, here is the link:
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml09/09073.html



No comments:

Post a Comment