Thursday, August 27, 2009

Conversation with Lucy

This is my first transcription of a conversation with Lucy. I imagine there will be more to come.

Setting: in the car; we are driving to pick up our CSA share, which involves going past the Top Donut on 38.
Background: Lucy has had donuts from Top Donut. She has gone through the drivethru w/ Jake, and we walked there once together

Lucy [seeing the Top Donut sign]: Coffee?
Bridget: Yes, that's where Daddy gets coffee.
Lucy: Mommy coffee?
Bridget: No, Mommy doesn't drink coffee.
Lucy: Mommy sad?
Bridget: No, Mommy's not sad.
Lucy: Lucy happy donut.

Indeed. Lucy happy donut. And by the way, no, I did not stop for donuts.

3 comments:

  1. After I read this, I had to go get a donut.

    I think "Lucy Happy Donut" would make a great t-shirt.

    Or band name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning - I just had to stop by and leave you a note because you have the most wonderfully fabulous blog. I've loved reading your interesting posts, all very creative and great pictures too. What could be more perfect ? Thanks for sharing them all and best wishes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am now feeling rather lucy happy donut. thanks.

    ReplyDelete