Friday, September 25, 2009

Printing in Process



I'm printing out my book. It's very exciting. It's going to take a while. So while I'm waiting, I thought I'd post this update. No, I will not post the text of my book, as my publisher might get a bit upset. But up there above you can see a word cloud here based on it. You too can make a Word Cloud from anything you're writing.

I'm relieved to be getting this off my plate, although my plate is still pretty full. Now that this is done, I need to catch up on all the grading I've been putting off. I'm afraid my freshmen writing portfolios have been neglected and are now perhaps breeding with my American Lit students' papers. Who knows what horror they will create.

But thanks for your support, dear readers. We'll keep you posted on late-breaking news.

This just in: Carter got a haircut today! Film at 11.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Are you printing because you are done? Or do you do your proofreading on paper? Or do you not need to do any proofreading because the publisher has an editor that does that for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm printing 'cause it's done [at least this version is]! Hooray! I believe there will be a professional proofreader at a future point. This is the version that will be sent off to a reader for a "clearance" review. I should be seeing this beast again in January or February 2010, presumably with notes. So it's far from over, but this stage, at least, is complete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!!

    Now will you come over? ;)

    -JB, UK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wordle is awesome! Look at the word cloud I made:

    http://www.wordle.net/show/wrdl/1174408/Kirchhoff02

    ReplyDelete