Friday, April 13, 2012

Take Us out to the Ballgame!

Today is OPENING DAY for the RED SOX!
Check out our big fan:


This from Lucy (she's dictating the blog post here):

I am a big fan of the Red Sox, but mostly I'm a fan of soccer.  I practice soccer: I run run run kick!

Can you make me a blog?

Silly Mom, I know how to type!

I do!

I can spell Lucy and Ruth and to 

I think I might have to go potty

Yes, I was typing her comments in real time.  So there you go.  Soon, no doubt, she will have her own blog.

The backstory on the dress is that I went into Boston to visit with my friend (Hi, Susan!!) and it was opening day.  The T was awash in fans.  So I ended up buying this little number, partly because it is so darn cute, partly because Lucy knew I was in Boston, and partly because it will needle my brother, who is a fan of some other (losing) team.

In other news, Carter is not doing so well, but is not doing as bad as we feared.  He has vertigo.  He can't quite stand up; he pretty much looks drunk or seasick all the time.  But hopefully, this will pass.  And we are grateful that it's not worse (we thought he'd had a stroke!).


In other (less serious) news, Lucy has new curtains in her bedroom!  My mom hemmed them; they came from Ikea.  Here's a look:

For comparison, check out the post and pictures here.  And here's one with Lucy herself:



She really likes the curtains.  There's pink on them, and she doesn't want to change them (that's what she told me to write).

That's the totally random news blurbs from here for today!  Enjoy the lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment