Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas

It's 9:05 am on Christmas morning.  Lucy is still asleep.  Merry Christmas.

Last night, Lucy informed me that she was going to sleep late (she has a cold).  Here's the convo:

Lucy: I'm going to sleep late in the morning.
Me: That's good.  You need your rest.
Lucy: And if I sleep late, Santa will have more time.  After he leaves my toys, he can sit down in one of our chairs and rest for a while.
Me: (laughing) Yes, Santa will be pretty tired.

Well, at least she's true to her word.  You may recall that she actually slept through her first Christmas morning (she had been up all night and then slept from 8am to noon).  And this behavior is also in keeping with my own childhood stance that the presents would be there whenever I woke up, so I was going to sleep late.

So while we're waiting for her to arise so we can OPEN PRESENTS, here's a run-down of a recent Conversation with Lucy (TM):

Yesterday, Lucy was very involved in making a rope made from tape and construction paper.  She got about 20 feet into the construction process, when she ran out of tape.  Here's the conversation with Jake that ensued:

Lucy: I need more tape.
Jake: Let's wait for Mommy; I don't want to run out of tape. [Without mentioning that it's Christmas Eve and there are presents to wrap, and we can't be without tape for that!]
Lucy: Daddy, which is more important: getting you, me, or Mommy out of quicksand, or wrapping Christmas presents?

At least she has her priorities straight.

We're still waiting.  Jake's working on the second round of hot beverages.  Hopefully she'll wake up soon.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Bonus feature: Here are some of Lucy's drawings of Rudolph w/ Santa's sleigh:






No comments:

Post a Comment