Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Second Grade

Summer is officially (unofficially?) over, as today my school and Lucy's school commenced the academic year.  Lucy is off to second grade. I find this shocking.  She had a great day and is happy with her teacher and classmates.  I asked her if all the kids talked about what they did last summer, and how they introduced themselves.  She said a there was a lot of talk about Canobie Lake (a theme park not far from here) and such summer things.  Here's where it went from there:

Me: Well, what did you tell them about yourself?

Lucy: I told them I have a dog, and her name is Alice and that my dog has a doppelganger named Remy.

Me: Oh.  Did the other kids know what a doppelganger is?

Lucy: No, so I explained that.

So I can only imagine what Lucy's teacher and classmates now think of her.

I couldn't be more proud.

Also, Alice DOES have a doppelganger named Remy and they are mortal enemies.  It's almost hilarious, if it weren't sometimes scary the way they seem to want to destroy each other.

Happy New School Year!  I hope to have updates soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment