Sunday, May 6, 2007

Peg Board!

Those of you familiar with my organizational urges will understand my JOY at the installation of our basement tool pegboard!

We actually relocated this piece of pegboard from its rather inaccessible location back in the furnace/hot water heater room. Now it's a lot easier and more useful, right above this bench where we do various tasks (mostly Jake works on bikes). I'm so pleased!

In other weekend updates, yesterday, while I was planting some grass seed in the front yard, a bunch of the neighborhood kids came by (as usual). This time, there was a new one, a little boy who told us his name was Joshua, and looked/sounded to be maybe 5 or 6 years old. Joshua was wearing a polo shirt and shorts, at least as well as I could see through the picket fence (he wasn't much taller than the fence). He informed me "I'm Superman!" and started shooting laser beams or something at me (I wasn't sure of the specific technology, only that it made the sound "bbbshew bbbbshew shew shew). Next thing I know, he is ripping off his clothes, proclaiming "I'm Superman!" and lo and behold, underneath his mild-mannered polo shirt, there was A SUPERMAN COSTUME. Seriously. He then ran down the street, perhaps to thwart evil in another yard. It was all pretty awesome. I'm hoping his super powers will help the grass grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment