Friday, May 21, 2010

Adventures of the Amateur Archivist, Episode 2



Yes, readers, dreams really do come true. I wrote this poem in my sixth grade English class. Amongst the archives, I found an impressively bound and illustrated poetry collection (a required element of the course) featuring numerous different types of (required) poems based on various models. This was the "I dreamed..." model.

Also note, I had much better handwriting then. Further evidence regarding dreams and wishes coming true:

Hmmm. That worked out pretty well for me. That appears to be from first or second grade and was in a journal of "I wish..." statements. The next one kinda undercuts my wish fulfillment abilities:

Sorry, Brendan. I was kind of a jerk. Glad the archives could remind us all of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment