Sunday, July 11, 2010

Critter Motel?

You're probably aware of the recent post describing our discovery of some manner of nest in our car's air filter. Jake guessed that it was a chipmunk.

There is more news.

This morning, while looking around in the basement to check on the dehumidifier and such, I noticed something in the bare stone wall in the furnace room: a nest. The furnace room is the room closest to the driveway where we park the car that formerly housed a chipmunk (we think). The presence (again) of a couple of empty acorn husks makes us think that this, too, is a chipmunk nest. In fact, I began to think (given the placement of nesting materials and the acorn) that it's entirely possible that chipmunks (or whatever creatures) have just been squatting in our basement for a while.

Apparently (or should I say possibly?), we're operating a Critter B&B.

I have since evicted any creatures using the vacuum to remove the nesting materials. Jake is setting the Have-a-Heart trap as I type. I'll keep you updated if there are further developments on the critter front.

No comments:

Post a Comment