Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Release the doves already!

8:50 am Wednesday June 6th:

So the local and state papers are abuzz with the news today that the Board of Trustees are meeting today at 9am to discuss a big hike in tuition.

What's missing in these articles is another important thing they're discussing: my tenure.  Yup.  Today's the day.  I'm waiting for them to release the doves, or send up some white smoke from the state house or some such auspicious signal.  I'll keep you posted.

Update: 2:09 pm.

News from someone at the meeting, and from the Globe indicates that they voted for the 5% tuition increase.  No word, still on the tenure votes.  Will they table them til the next meeting?  Will I go stark raving mad?  Should I really be live-blogging my tenure decision?  Stay tuned!

Update: 4:19 pm

Received an e-mail with the subject line "Promotion and Tenure Materials."  OK, this must be it, right?

Nope.

It's an e-mail informing me that all my materials (tenure binders and evidence box) are now in the Dean's Office, and can I please come pick them up, pronto.  W. T. F.?  So I just got asked to pick up my stuff, like we've just had a bad breakup or something.

And still, no actual news.

Update: 6:23 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have an announcement:

I got it!

Cheers!

I am officially an Associate Professor, with tenure.

Or, if you prefer, Ass. Prof.

;)

thanks, all, for your support.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Bridget! Great news! You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent news- congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Bridget! I am also now an associate prof. with tenure - yay us!

    Cheers,
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations and much love from both of us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Bridget! But sorry about the tuition hike.

    ReplyDelete