Saturday, October 14, 2006

Weatherize This!





On Friday, a kind man from the gas company came to help make our home more energy efficient. So today, I went around putting in new light bulbs and sealing up electric outlets. I don't really have any pictures of this, as it was not exactly a very exciting home project. Oh, but I did weatherize the mailslot (unfortunately, our mail gets delivered to the front door, not through this adorable mail slot). Just wait til we start putting up weather-stripping! Oh the excitement.

But what is exciting is that we've gotten the front room into working order. We still need many more book shelves, and we need to do something about the plywood floor. But Jake's in there playing bridge right now. Check out the lovely photo:

1 comment:

  1. Jake plays Bridge? Wait a moment...there's a joke in there somewhere....wait, don't help me...ah, it escapes me at this time. But seriously, Jake, the next time we're all together, you have to (try to) teach me Bridge. It's one of those games that I've attempted to learn only to walk away thinking that the tax code was easier to figure out. Do you know Whist?

    Regardless...the front room is looking very cozy.

    ReplyDelete