Wednesday, December 13, 2006

"I can't imagine why we'd need those screws."

The laundry room saga continues. On Monday, I discovered a small leak on the floor by the new washing machine (see previous post). Said washing machine was only at its ONE MONTH anniversary, so I was totally freaked out by this development. A call to Dracut appliance informed us that we're still completely under warranty, and we were quickly set up with a very nice repair guy for today. The leak was a bit of a fluke; we haven't been able to replicate it. Repair guy re-balanced the machine and we think all is well.

Meanwhile, while repair guy was in the laundry room, I turned off the dryer by opening the door. The load was done anyway, so I didn't think anything of it. A few minutes ago, I went downstairs to dry the latest load, and discovered that I had broken the dryer while the repair guy was here looking at the washer. The little latch in the door was broken, thus the dryer would not turn on because the door wouldn't stay closed. I called my in-house repair guy, also known as Jake. We unscrewed the door, and discovered that no, I did not break the latch -- someone else had broken it and repaired it with duct tape. So we did the same, and put the door back together again. Figuring we may well have to dis-assemble and re-assemble the door again at some point, Jake pushed the two pieces back together, and uttered the immortal line: "I can't imagine why we'd need those screws."

So they're sitting there on the window sill, while we wait to see if the dryer notices. So far, so good. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment