Saturday, September 24, 2011

Free Fun!

Today we went to Lucy's dentist. Now when I was a child, I didn't think that going to the dentist was fun. In fact, if you could take a look at my dental records, you'd be pretty terrified. For instance, I had four of my permanent teeth pulled *by accident*. The dentist was supposed to be taking out four baby teeth. But took four permanent ones instead. I was completely awake and being lifted out of the chair, with this huge guy yanking on my molars. Not a good memory. Nope.

But at Lucy's dentist (Collins Dentistry for Children), they had a big kids safety festival, where they had a fire truck and a police cruiser that the kids could get into for pictures, as well as a race car and a tow truck. Here's Lucy:
Good times.

There was a funny guy doing magic tricks and making balloon animals. But they weren't just the usual balloon animals, they were pretty ornate. Lucy was first in line, and she got an Ariel:
Quite impressive!

And then, the greatest thing a kid can see: A bouncy house:
Lucy had a grand time. Thankfully, the place wasn't too busy while we were there, so she was able to hang out inside for quite a while.

Lucy had a grand time, and it was all free fun. Delightful! And guess who can't wait to go to the dentist? I'm not sure how exactly they conduct the exam or do fluoride treatments while in the bouncy house, but I guess it must work.

No comments:

Post a Comment