Sunday, September 18, 2011

I'm an Expert at Learning

The other day, Lucy was letting us know what letter every word started with. She was very good at it, and I stopped to ask her how she had figured out all the letters. She told me:

"I'm an expert at learning."

I like this a lot.

I write today to announce that I have physically hauled all 14 of my tenure binders, plus my evidence box, over to my office. They will officially be turned in tomorrow. I am done. Look how happy I am:

And yes, it really did require a handtruck to bring the things in. The whole family came (even Carter, though we left him in the car while we schlepped the stuff up to my office). In fact, here's Lucy, eating an apple in my office:
Yup, it's a nice office. I just have to finish unpacking.

It has been a crazy time, getting ready for this whole thing. You may remember this previous post, or even this one from a long time ago. Here's a shot from late last week, when I was in the process of assembling things:


And yes, reader, this shot, just casually shows the note that Margaret Atwood sent me about an article I published. Yup. I'm kind of a big deal. Not convinced? Here's a shot of the EVIDENCE BOX:

In theory, I should have a bit more time to post now that I'm not obsessively writing about myself and printing out e-mails. But the semester is starting to get serious, so I can't promise much in the posting arena. I do owe a post about our backyard progress (yeah!) and a few other things; I hope to have an update by next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment