Monday, August 6, 2007

Just what we needed: Walls!

This morning the drywallers arrived to take care of the spare bedroom. At 3:30, they finished with stage one: hanging the sheets of drywall. Check it out:





Tomorrow is stage two: taping the seams. [We're paying people to do all of this drywalling job, as it's a bit beyond our level of expertise and time availability.]

In other news, we did some garden and yard work yesterday, including mowing the front yard and weeding (some of) the garden. The tomatoes were looking in sad shape, so I tied them up and also added "moo doo" to help them along. They look much better, and I'm hoping they will grow more happily now.

We also cut back and tied back some of the roses, forsythia, and other plants that were making the yard a bit of a jungle.

Check out our morning glories!

1 comment:

  1. Here's the one thing I learned from taping and spackling dry wall: taping and spackling dry wall sucks. Next time, I'm totally going to pay someone to do it for me. Kudos to you for doing that right from the get go.

    In biking news, I'm excited to see that Jake has earned a point in the first week of the Omnium Race series! I'll be sure to follow his progress closely during the course of the series - good luck Jake!

    ReplyDelete