Tuesday, August 7, 2007

New Walls, Step 2

Today Francisco came to tape and mud up our new drywall. It's coming along, but he will be back tomorrow to continue the job. Here are some mid-progress images:

This is the inside of the closet:


Here's the area around the old built-in. It looks like it's going to stay. We might (later) cover it over with larger shelves in this area, but for now, the easiest thing was to dry wall around it. The corner looks nice and sharp.


In the world of Bridget's Nano-Projects (TM), I did a couple of small things around 83 Durant today. First job (this has been on my mind for a while now) was to tone down the ostentatiousness of the pink room. No, re-painting the pink room a non-pink color does not come under the heading of "nano-project" (oh that it would!); I just changed the lightswitch cover from the very gaudy golden one to a simple white one:

I wouldn't mind having something a little more interesting than plain white here, but this room is already SO bright with tons of white trim (and some pink-accented trim) that simple seems to be the way to go. Uncle Ernie, please note that I learned well from you: the screws are at 12 & 6!

My other tiny project was to install a screen in our front door. Yes, it's a bit late in the summer to finally be putting in a screen, but I think it will be a big help with all the dust we're raising in this whole drywalling project. Now I just have to find a safe place for the storm window, which will be going back into the door in not too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment