Sunday, June 5, 2011

On trying to write more

So for the past few days, I have been using a new writing site called 750words.com, which, true to its name, tries to get you to write 750 words each day. I'm liking it so far, and have met my 750 requirement each day (which means I get a cute badge!). One of the things I like about it is that it takes what you write, puts it through some magical super-secret processes, and gives you data. Lots of data. About what you write each day (or over any period of time) and then compares it to all the other users on the site. And then it generates fun graphics like this:



YOUR OVERALL MINDSET:


THE WORLD'S MINDSET:


This is funny. Also, it gives you "badges" as incentives when you pass certain thresholds. For instance, a 3-day long streak gets you this nice-looking turkey.



Adorable. Anyway, you don't get to read what I write there, because it's a place for drafting (not for publicly sharing with the world). But I am hopeful that this will help me be more productive, and thought I'd share it with those of you out there who are also trying to make yourself write more. It's a pretty awesome interface, and I'm really enjoying it so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment