Friday, August 26, 2011

Come on, Irene

So we're getting ready for Hurricane Irene here. And by getting ready, I mean Jake's preparing to go on a 100+ mile bike excursion and Lucy and I are planning what to bake and what to sew while he's away. We're not expecting too much here in Lowell (other than a storm of baked goods!), though there will no doubt be rain and wind. And Jake will be out even farther west, so all should be fine for the ride. We have some supplies and flashlights and the like, so I think we're pretty ready.

Jake's going out to D2R2 again. I'll try to update you on his status. Lucy and I are hoping to bake some banana bread and some cookies from the Heidi Swanson Super Natural Every Day: Well-loved Recipes from My Natural Foods Kitchen that we love so much.


They're called "Carnival Cookies" and they involve popcorn. Needless to say, Lucy is very excited. You can check out the recipe here or read someone else's blog about making them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment