Saturday, January 6, 2007

Varmint #3

This is getting a bit ridiculous:



Here's the thousand dollar question: is this little guy the same one as before? Does he just keep coming back for a free meal? Is that possible? Here is where we take him:



Does he hitch-hike back? Does he fly? In order to answer this question (we hope) we have painted a little bit of purple ink on the belly of the beast. At least we'll know (maybe).

Varmint Count for January 6th, 2007: 3
For the math-enabled among you, this means half a squirrel a day.

Ew.

Shall we start a betting pool? My money's on 5 (for no particular reason), but I'll be quite happy if we're done.

3 comments:

  1. There seems to be a trend in the names of your squirrels. You've gone from "Lefty or Scooter" to "Flying squirrel #2" and now "Varmint #3." It almost seems as if the more squirrels there are, the less cute they seem to you.

    Even though it is hard not to come back after you have been fed by Jake, I think they are different critters. I'm guessing nine because I like squares and squirrels when they are not in my attic.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh, this doesn't look good. Let me make sure I got this straight:

    A family of cute flying squirrels are displaced from their home and they are trying to make the long and dangerous journey back to where it's warm and there's plenty of peanut butter.

    I hate to break it to you guys, but probably once you get rid of the squirrels, your house may be infested by something even more nefarious: Disney execs looking to buy the rights to your story to make into some animated family film starring the likes of Nathan Lane or Robin Williams.

    Courage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the map. See you soon,
    Lefty

    ReplyDelete